Saturday, March 18, 2006

Welcome to "Healing Depression"

Welcome to my new blog. Although I already have another blog called "Conscious Living", devoted to a variety of issues, I began to feel the need for one specially dedicated to the topic of depression some time ago, probably around the time I wrote the ten-part piece on depression about a month ago (See http://andrewreiner.blogspot.com ). As I thought about it further, I realised that there was a need for a site devoted, not necessarily to the whole subject of depression (including causes and, therefore, prevention), but for one devoted to the more restricted topic of dealing with depression, that is, of managing depression and, for those of us that are willing to go further, healing depression. This is something about which I feel very passionate. Having grown up with a mother who suffered an unusually severe form of depression for which she had been hospitalised many times and having myself suffered for over twenty years before emerging from my private hell in 1987, I feel strongly about sharing whatever I can, in order to assist and support anyone willing to transcend despair. It is possible to heal. It is possible to give up hopelessness. It is possible to find joy, love,meaning, passion and vitality. And it can be done without medication. If you are interested in my personal story, you can find it by visiting www.consciouslivingseminars.com and clicking on "Andrew's Story" (once you've entered the site). You can also find it under Parts IX and X of "The Depression epidemic" at http://andrewreiner.blogspot.com I hope you enjoy this new blog, dedicated to healing depression.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Reiner said...

I am experiencing difficulties with my second post (it won't publish), so this is just a test to see if I can publish a comment.

Fri Mar 17, 02:59:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Andrew Reiner said...

Interestingly, I appear to be able to publish comments, but I can't publish my second post (on healing). An earlier version of this post can be seen on my website at www.consciouslivingseminars.com (Go to "Journals" and click on "October 2003".

Fri Mar 17, 03:02:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home